Monday, October 24, 2011

Spring 2011

I can't believe how long it is since I updated my blog, spring last year.  So much has happened since then - conferences, loss of friends, illness etc, etc.
But spring as usual brings its unpredictable weather, its beautiful sights and sounds.  Below is a photo taken in August. This was on the road into Masterton, as you can see it was white-out conditions.


And then we had beautiful hot weather, followed by cold conditions, again!
Now it is blowing.  But through it all my garden has survived.  The freisia's make a magnificent site as you walk through our front gate, and the smell is to die for.


The kowhai tree below is always full of birds in particular tui's.  At times we have up to 15 all gorging themselves on nectar.




Lets hope that from now on in the weather improves.

On a more recent front my new book "Enduring Love" is now available at http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/.   Go to my website http://www.annpatrick.com/ where an excerpt will be up in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment